The Child Advocacy Center: Where Small Voices Can Be Heard
In 2012, we served 983 child victims of abuse and neglect. In the last ten years, the number of children seen at the Child Advocacy Center has tripled.
• 79% of the children we see at the Child Advocacy Center are alleging sexual abuse.
• 74% of the children seen are under the age of 12.
• 35% of the children are under the age of 6.
• 99% of the child victims know their alleged abuser; the abuser is not a stranger.
• 66% of the time the alleged abuser is a family member.
The sad fact is that for every one child we see at the Child Advocacy Center, there are ten more children who suffer in silence…too afraid to tell.
Won’t you help us make a difference for our children?